The other day there was this random facts chain going on with Facebook. The way it worked was if you liked someone’s random facts status they gave you a number of random facts to post. I was given the numbers 8 & 5. Just now I thought it would be fun to post those random facts and add enough random facts to equal 33 since I’m 33. Then I thought why not do 34 since I’ll be 34 in January. Finally, I thought of the fact that I like numbers that end in 0 or 5 so I might as well do 35 random facts.
1. My favorite film genres are sci-fi, fantasy, and horror.
2. I still think the experience of watching movies in a movie theater or watching a play feels as magical as it did when I was a child.
3. I wish I read books as often as I used to as a child and teen.
4. I have a love/hate relationship with social networking. I love staying in touch with people I’ve known at various times in my life but hate that it’s such a distraction from doing more productive things (like reading or exercising, etc.).
5. I enjoy reading travel guides like Fodor’s or the travel info on Wikitravel.
6. I love history and looking up whatever historical fact it is that is on my mind at the time.
7. I dropped out of high school in the 11th grade and got my GED but after watching Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion with my bestie Anita I thought it would be cool to complete my Senior year and graduate with my high school class. Fortunately at PSJA North we had block scheduling and I had the credits to complete Junior classes the first semester and Senior classes the last semester.
8. I’m not ashamed of my love for food even though I could definitely afford to lose a lot of weight.
9. My favorite foods are Southern, Mexican, Italian, Indian, and Thai.
10. I love to cook and bake.
11. One of my long-term goals is to step foot in Asia, Africa, Oceania, Antarctica, the Arctic, each of the Earth’s oceans, and outer space at least once. (I’ve already been to many places in North America and have been to South America once and Europe twice.)
12. I refuse to give up despite the many times I’ve started college and dropped out.
13. I think I could live on pizza and chocolate longer than most people probably could without getting tired of it.
14. I got lap band surgery in April of 2009.
15. I only got one fill because I didn’t like the tight stomach feeling I got from said lap band surgery.
16. I’m pretty sure I’ve stretched out the lap band by now judging by my appetite.
17. If I could only choose one place to explore in depth it would have to be Europe but if I could only choose one country in the entire world it would be the U.S.A.
18. I still think the U.S. is a great place, not the greatest, but it is great.
19. If I could live anywhere in the world it would probably be New York City, San Francisco, Sydney, London, or Paris.
20. I went to NYC in 2004 and didn’t even try New York pizza.
21. I could’ve seen the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade when I was in NYC but it was a strange time for me when I was there so I actually slept in at the hotel I was at.
22. I want to travel to Chicago, Louisiana, Italy, and Lyon, France partially just to try the food there. (Chicago for pizza, Louisiana for Cajun and Creole cooking, Italy to try real Italian food, and Lyon because it is one of the world’s gastronomic centers.)
23. I wish I wasn’t such a foodie when I’m walking around a shopping center looking at the lovely fashions designed for slim women.
24. On the plus side maybe if I walked around shopping centers more often I’d focus on my weight loss and health as a priority.
25. I take 7 pills throughout the day everyday for my various sicknesses.
26. I could eliminate the need to take Metformin, Glyburide, and Lipitor if I brought my sugar and cholesterol down.
27. I’d rather be a 35 year old living with my folks than alone in a dangerous neighborhood.
28. When I was in my late 20’s I wanted to return to New York so badly I bought a one-way bus ticket and was thinking of staying in a homeless shelter until I could get on my feet.
29. Most of my life my ambition was to be a famous actress.
30. I think it would be wonderful if I were to ever write a series of fantasy books as great as Harry Potter or Tolkienn’s works even if I don’t make a lot of money but still become a legacy.
31. People have told me they can tell I’m very ambitious when I speak of my dreams and I’ve finally realized it’s true. I just need to be sure and not get sidetracked so I can reach my full potential.
32. I love the power of persuasion over another individual that is achieved through sales.
33. I get annoyed with music filled with fast electronic beats.
34. I love music but sometimes I prefer a good convo or silence while driving in my car.
35. I admire health nuts, vegetarians, vegans, raw vegans, and anyone else that has significant willpower.